Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday August 26

Today was a pretty good day.  I had several visitors that helped to brighten my day.  My best friend Brooke had a beautiful baby girl on August 17th, so I did not get to be there to help welcome Mallory James into this world.  Today Brooke and Mallory visited me up here in the hospital.  Mallory is gorgeous and precious.  It was so good to catch up with my friend and to see her life changing with the welcome of a new baby.  Some other great friends visited too.  It is really nice to have visitors to help keep my spirits up and to have someone /something to talk about! 

Good news from  the doctor today also! The spot on Harper's kidney that the doctor was concerned about has turned out to be nothing to be concerned about.  Yay God! My doctor consulted with the high risk doctor and shared the reports.  The report showed that Harper had fluid on one of her kidney's and the doctor would be concerned if it was higher than 7 (I am not sure 7 what: mm, ml etc...) and Harper's is 4.2.  So that was relieving news.

Last night, I found a website that had a lot of information about bed rest, it was kind of an online support group/share group about bedrest.  It had some funny antidotes and other interesting ways to pass my time :)  As I say that, I can honestly say that the time here has not been awful.  The weekdays go by fairly fast because I have a set routine of things to do.  My routine is fairly boring: eat, shower, watch a few TV shows, eat, journal/blog, read, knit, surf the Internet, eat, watch some more TV sleep, repeat.    In between all of these things they come and check on me and check my vitals, and I have to have a NST (non-stress test-hook me up to monitors to monitor baby) 4-5 times a day. 

I have got to skype with Slayton the last three nights.  It is so awesome! I feel like I am on Back To The Future.  Technology is so cool!  I get to read Slayton books and say prayers.  It is a pretty good alternative to not being there!  Slayton thinks it is pretty cool too.

Today marked day 13 here at the hospital.  Let's hope I can make it another 13 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment