Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday August 23

The doctor visited with me this morning and it looks like I will be here indefinitely.  My contractions don't seem to be stopping.  They are controlled, but not stopped.  The long term goal is to get me to 34 weeks.  That is two weeks away.  They will continue all medications and be as aggressive as possible for two more weeks, and then they will not have to be as aggressive and/or they will not stop anything.  With that being said, each day that she is still inside is better. 

I knew that this was coming, and I tried to prepare myself for the fact that I would probably be her for awhile.  However, I am still having a hard time with the fact that this hospital room is going to be my home for that much longer.  I know that this is the best place for me, and that Harper is going to be healthier if I am taken care of. 

I am the type of  person who needs to be in control to make me feel comfortable and safe, and this throws all of that out the window!  I have to rely on so many others for everything right now.  All I can do is sit in this bed and take care of Harper.  With that being said, I can't begin to express how blessed I am.  I have an awesome family that has stepped up and are taking care of everything.  Everybody has been great in helping with Slayton and getting him where he needs to be.  I also have great co-workers who are just taking care of everything at school for me. 

I have read a book and am starting another and have read every magazines in publication :)  I have my computer and a large collection of DVD's.  If you have any suggestions for hobbies that I could start let me know!  I have tried knitting before, but didn't have the patience/time, so I gave all of my supplies away (hahaha).  I might try to start that up again. I am trying my best to stay positive and sane....keep us in your prayers~

No comments:

Post a Comment