Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday August 19th

Today marks the first day of school for Slayton.  He is a pre-Ker!  He is full of all kinds of emotions that I did not even know he had!  He says he is nervous about meeting new friends.  My son, nervous!  He can light up any room he enters, and can charm everyone he meets, yet he is actually nervous.  He is dealing with the fact that I am not going to be right down the hall.  All summer long we have talked about how we would take him to school, and that mommy would be there right down the hall.  As I write this I know that realistically I am the one who is having the harder time, but all of these things to register with a little 4 year old. 

DJ is taking him, along with Mimi, Gami, Jessica, and Meghan will be there working.  They have a video camera to document the event for me.  We will be the obnoxious family making a pig dramatic production.  (At least we are willing to admit this!)

He has the most awesome teacher, Susan Teague.  She will take great care of him and he will have so much fun and learn so much!

Looks like I will be here through the weekend.  Monday marks 32 weeks, and the doctors feel much better about delivering a baby at 32 weeks vs. now.  Once I do go home, I will be released to strict bed rest at home, so the only big change will be the scenery.  I will have to rely on friends and family even more once I return home because I won't have a personal nurse to help get things for me.  It is very hard for me to accept help from others.  It is that control freak gene that I have been cursed/blessed with.  I know that this time I will have to push that far out of range and let others do things for me with an extremely gracious heart.  I am praying that I can follow doctors orders, and be a good patient.

I will update later about how the first day went!

No comments:

Post a Comment