Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Harper's Bizare

Here is the latest update on our little bun in the oven, Harper Grace.  Today marks 31 weeks preggo for momma.  At 29 weeks I was but on modified bed rest because little Harper was anxious to meet friends and family!  The weather has been extreemly hot, I've been keeping up with a very busy four year old boy and trying to get ready to start school.  Probably a combination of these things contributed to her little attention seeking behavior.  After a week of (for the most part) bed rest Friday August 6th my Dr. decided to take more measures to make sure Harper would not make her apperance too early.

I went to the Dr. on Friday and had a non-stress test.  The test showed that I was having contractions and that the baby was fine.  I was put on medication (brethine) to try and stop contractions.  The medication did not work as prescribed and very early Saturday we made the trip to the hospital.

Once we checked in the Hospital the nurses did some more checking and decided that I was going into pre-term labor and more aggressive actions needed to be taken.  They put me on much stronger medication and monitored me very closely.  Saturday and Sunday I was monitored closely.  Monday I finally remained stable enough to decrease/change medications.

Today I continue to remain 'stable' enough for monitored bed rest here at the hospital.  The doctor just visited with me and we discussed what would happen a little down the road.  I am in a weird Limbo waiting stage.  Since we really can't predict what will happen in the future we have to take it a little at a time.  Today, the doctor says that if I remain stable with no contractions and no changes, then on Thursday they would re-evaluate and see if I would be able to go home on Friday.  Often times though they would like people to remain at the hospital because often they send someone home just to see them return with pre-term labor within 2 days.  I will not be returning to work until after Harper's arrival :)

Watch for more posts, I have a lot of time on my hands ;)  Thanks for your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment