Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday September 7th

I am writing this post from my couch!  Yippee!  The doctor visited me this morning, and released me right before 11 am.  I had a very calm weekend, and she felt confident in releasing me.  I am still considered to be having pre-term labor because I am still having contractions.  Because of this I am still on bed rest and on the medications to stop contractions until I deliver, or until 37 weeks whichever comes first.  I go to the doctor on Thursday, and will continue to go to the doctor two times a week.  I am so thankful to be in my house!

I was packed up my things (really I just sat and gave directions to my mother-in law, and she packed) on a very large cart.  I had been at the hospital 24 days so I felt like I had moved in.  I had a full shower of things, a bag of clothes, a hamper, a bag of snacks, knitting materials, gifts, flowers, books, magazines, computer, and other random things.  I feel like I am in a weird transition phase right now.  I think that I will have a big adjustment to being here at home.  I will not have nurses at my beckon call, which also means I will not have people coming in and out of my room checking vitals.  With that being said, I did feel like I needed to say goodbye to all of my favorite nurses.  I am so thankful to so many of them.  I had a few who really made the hospital stay bearable.  Becky always knew how to lighten the mood and keep things upbeat.  Barb was my nurse mother, she brought DVD's for DJ to watch and she even brought me a donut one day!  Kristin was a sweetheart, who was a friendly face and helpful ally.  There were many others that were extremely nice and helpful, those 3 in particular stuck out and will remain special to me.  I will get to go back and see some of them when I deliver-so it wasn't goodbye, just see you later!

Thank you for all of your prayers and support!  Prayer was what got me this far!  We still need your prayers as we go through the adjustment of being home on bed rest.  We still need prayers for a healthy baby in a few weeks.  After this week (I am 34 weeks), we are even more in the clear, and technically at 37 weeks, I will be full-term and can stop medications.  The doctor and nurses laughed because they did everything possible to stop labor, and now I will probably go post-term, begging for them to induce!

No comments:

Post a Comment